About the Position
We are seeking a CPA with a background in both business accounting and audit with at least 3 to 5 years of experience from a mid to large-sized local firm. This position is open due to firm growth and is not a replacement. You will be reviewing and adjusting the accounting prepared by our clients in advance of tax return completion and preparing compiled, reviewed, and audited financial statements. Our firm has a broad base of clients in many industries, but the largest concentration is in real estate, and experience in this area is preferred.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute client financial audit engagements in compliance with applicable accounting standards;
- Preparation of compiled, reviewed, and audited financial statements;
- Preparation of Partnership, Corporation, and S-Corporation Tax Returns (Individual and Trust Tax Return experience is a plus);
- Examine, analyze, and interpret accounting records;
- Work effectively with partners and all team members to develop solutions for our clients’ needs;
- Direct contact with clients;
- Assist with special projects that require analysis, judgment, and creative thinking;
- Keep up with industry best practices;
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- College degree in accounting or similar field;
- Certified Public Accountant designation;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in public accounting, and we strongly prefer someone from a mid-to-large sized local firm;
- Must be proficient in A&A;
- Experience and strong proficiency in Excel and a paperless office experience;
- Software experience in the following areas is desirable: Lacerte, QuickBooks and CCH Engagement;
- Knowledge regarding business tax returns and tax law is essential.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience;
- You will be paid overtime for all hours worked above 40 hours per week;
- Ability to work a certain number of hours from home, more so during COVID-19. You will be provided a computer to use at home;
- This position is eligible for annual bonuses depending on firm profitability and individual & team performance;
- 401(k) Retirement plan with an employer contribution of 3% of wages;
- Hybrid work schedule;
- Company subsidized health and dental Insurance.
You are committed to public accounting, and represent the industry, your colleagues, and your clients with a high degree of integrity and professionalism. You understand and live by the concept of being a “team player,” making sure that collaboration is essential to your success, as well as the success of those you work with.
You love researching and developing solutions and are proactive in coming to management with solutions and efficiencies. “It’s not in my job description” is not part of your professional vocabulary, and you are flexible enough to manage different projects at the same time. You are hardworking and perhaps most importantly, a self-directed and self-managed professional.
However, we stress a reasonable work-life balance and are extremely flexible as to how and where the work gets done.
About Fishman, Block + Diamond (“FBD”)
FBD is a full-service very sophisticated accounting firm that specializes in representing very high net worth individuals and their various businesses with a high concentration in the real estate industry. We do not accept clients that generate less than $25,000 a year in fees and do not accept once-a-year tax clients. We also do not do bookkeeping work. We specialize in Tax Planning, Tax Services, Trusts & Estates, Accounting and Auditing, Entertainment and Business Management, and Business Advisory and Consulting Services.
Consisting of over thirty employees and five partners, we have dedicated ourselves to hiring and retaining the highest caliber of accountants and administrative personnel possible. Our clients and their employees can always count on receiving personal attention and rapid response.
Unlike many professional firms, our staff members form a team working closely with our clients. We retain our employees and have many that have been with the firm for more than 25 years. The devotion to continuity, staying technically proficient, and providing the highest quality work possible have allowed FBD to grow into one of the larger firms in Los Angeles.
We do not actively market our firm in any way. The partners spend the majority of their professional time serving clients. We only grow and maintain our practice through the referral of satisfied clients and their teams of professional advisors. We are truly independent financial advisors. We do not accept commissions or referral fees, and we do not sell any financial services products.
Our firm makes a strong commitment to working with and investing in technology which allows us to promote a work-life balance that enables you to work anywhere and anytime.