This is a reminder that your 4th quarter estimated taxes are due on or before January 18, 2022. Please note that this is a general reminder, and if it does not apply to you because you are not required to make estimated payments or if you have already made the payments, please disregard this reminder.
When making your payments by check, please be sure to mail the payments to the IRS and FTB using payment voucher coupons that we’ve provided to you previously, via certified mail with return receipt requested to the address printed on each coupon. Please send us a copy of the certified mail receipt and be sure to write your social security number and tax year 2021 on the memo section of the check. It is important to verify with your bank after one week to ten days that your payment has cleared; and if not, please notify us. Please contact me if you need another copy of the payment voucher coupons.
The fastest and easiest way to make an estimated tax payment is to do so electronically. If you are paying electronically (note you may be required to pay the state electronically based on our instructions), here are the links for making these electronic payments:
IRS – https://www.eftps.gov/eftps/ or https://www.irs.gov/payments
FTB – https://webapp.ftb.ca.gov/webpay/login.aspx?Lang=en-US
For electronic payments, please note the following:
- When scheduling payments to the IRS, please note that you must schedule it by 8 pm ET the day before the due date to be received timely by the IRS.
- Electronic payments may only be deducted from a checking or a savings account, not a brokerage account. Other payment options are available; however, transaction fees apply.
- Please select tax period year 2021 and the payment type is “estimated tax.”
- After you’ve scheduled the payment, you will be provided with an acknowledgment number and will be able to print a receipt for your record. Please send me a copy of the receipt for my file.
- Please verify with your bank three days after to confirm the payment activity.
If you have any questions or need assistance regarding all the above, or if there have been changes in your income that might impact the number of your estimated tax payments, please contact me as soon as possible.