In addition, electronic filing is now mandatory for the 2013 filing year. Electronic FBARs, Forms FinCEN 114 (formerly Form TD-F-90-22.1), are to be completed and filed through the BSA E-Filing System at http://bsaefiling.fincen.treas.gov/NoRegFBARFiler.html, not through the IRS.
To complete your FBAR online – Click on Prepare FBAR on the website provided above and follow the instructions to complete all tabs including signature information. You have the option to save it online or on the desktop and complete it later. Please note that when completed, the form must be signed and saved to activate the Ready to File button.
On the same website, you will see a Submit FBAR option which enables you to upload and file a previously saved PDF. Please note that under this option, only the electronic FBARs are accepted. It will not accept any scanned images.
- Enter your email, first name, last name, and phone number. A filing confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided once successfully submitted.
- Click on Choose File to browse your computer to attach the completed form you saved. Please note that you must sign the completed form before submission.
- Click on Submit.
If you would like our firm to prepare and file your FBAR on your behalf, please let us know before June 15 and provide the following information to us, and we will be more than happy to do so:
- List any accounts that you are a signer on even if the funds do not belong to you
- Bank name, account number, and the highest account balance in 2013 for each account
- Confirm if the account is separate property or community property
If you have any questions regarding the above information, please do not hesitate to contact us.